I pray that you are all well. We are having a fantastic year, and glad to have all of you involved. I have some information for you listed below.
*Payments are due this week.
Reminder: The building rental payment is due with your April 14th payment. If you would like to split it in two payments, you may include half of it with this payment. Because of this payment, there are no ticket sales. Our Celebrations are free to the public. Please remeber to invite as many people as you would like to our Celebration.
*Student Concert/Talent Night - Monday, March 10 - 7p.m. till finish. This event will be held at Akron First Assembly of God Church, 1175 West Market Street, Akron. Students need to arrive about 10 minutes early to be seated with their classes. Each student will be released to their parents care following their class demonstration. The purpose of the evening is two-fold.
1. All students will demonstrate something that they are learning in class (this part is very short). This gives our students an opportunity to be on stage in front of others, while sharing their love for the Lord. We have found that this time really helps with nervousness, and other issues in preparring for our June Celebrations.
2. The second half is a talent night presented by the students using their artistic gifts. Each piece must be a form of worship (dance, song, instrument, skit, etc.) the creativity is up to the student. Any student may participate, and many are working on their pieces. This also may be a family presentation. These must be viewed ahead of time by Diana, with costumes for final approval during the week of Monday, March 3 - Friday, March 7, 2008. If you have questions you may e-mail or call me.
Classes will be held till 5p.m. on Monday, March 10, 2008 (the evening of the Student Concert). Please make a note of the 15 minute difference, and be prompt. We will all need to get our dinners, and be able be on time for our 7p.m. Concert.
Plans are under way for our June Worship Celebration. We covet your prayers. We are considering the title "Ashes to Beauty". Please make a note on your calendars with the dates & times below.
"ASHES TO BEAUTY" - MANDATORY DATES/ALL STUDENTS - North High School, 905 Gorge Blvd., Akron
1. STUDENT REHEARSAL – Monday, June 2, 2008. Students – 6p.m.-9p.m.
2. STUDENT DRESS REHEARSAL – Friday, June 6, 2008. Students -2:30p.m.-6p.m.
3. WORSHIP CELEBRATION – Saturday, June 7, 2008 – Students – 6p.m.- finish. The Celebration begins at 7:30p.m.
4. WORSHIP CELEBRATION – Sunday, June 8, 2008 – Students - 1:45p.m.-finish. Celebration begins at 3p.m. Refreshments will follow.
We look forward to seeing all of you at the student concert. We are praying for you and your children.